Discover Your Data Center Career
Learn About the Data Center Industry's Diverse Job Roles
- Engage with customers around the globe on new installs,
- Provides incident management to troubleshoot problems, and recommends and implements improvements in our network environment.
- Lead in the evaluation, installation, and support of network communications equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, and application delivery controllers/load balancers.
- Testing and evaluating network systems to troubleshoot problems and recommend and implement improvements in our network environment.
- Tests and analyzes network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers.
- Installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs;
- Evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades.
- Performs technical analysis of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
- Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission.
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves technical problems related to network failure/integrity and usage of PC hardware and software
- System engineering implementation and post install support of the IP network.
- Resolve IP routing schemes, BGP routing and network performance issues
- Will interact directly with customers for provisioning, technical support, and a variety of customer service issues including Tier 2 escalation response and support
- Performs router and switch configuration and IOS/OS upgrades. Implement and support network protocols: HSRP, VRRP, BGP4, OSPF, and VOIP
- Performs configuration and maintenance of Cisco and Foundry network equipment
- Perform interconnectivity with the following interfaces: Ethernet,DS1,DS3,OC3-0C-192, PRI/BRI, POTS
- Ensure all related documentation, drawings, processes are maintained current and accurate
- Systems Administration of MS Windows and Unix servers
- Provision networks and provide support for new customers
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or related technical discipline
- Certifications in one or more of the following: Cisco Networking CCN, CCNE, JNCIP or JNCIE.
- ITIL V2/3 Foundation, Scripting: Python, Perl, PHP, and shell are a plus
- Networking experience with Brocade and Cisco OS or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of digital hierarchy: DS0, DS1, DS3 and SONET networks